Your Second Visit – The goal of this visit is to inform you on what the doctor found and give you the first chiropractic adjustment. You will be guided through the following steps:
- Chiropractic Report - The doctor will sit down with you and go over your x-rays bone-by-bone, explaining the findings. The doctor will then recommend a treatment plan. Each individual’s care plan is designed for his or her case. If you have a spouse, we do ask that they be present during the chiropractic report. We believe it is important for your spouse to be informed so they will know how to assist you during the process. It allows questions to be answered to everyone’s satisfaction.
- Specific Chiropractic Adjustment - You will then receive your first upper cervical correction. Math and physics are used to analyze our specific x-rays. This allows the doctor to use a force so gentle that most people hardly feel more than a slight pressure just behind the ear. There will be no twisting, popping, or cracking of the spine.
- Postural Check - Another supine leg check is performed to determine the changes the adjustment has made.
- Relaxation Room – You will be asked to relax the body in a recovery room for a period of time after the correction. This is to help reduce the chances of immediately losing the correction made.
- Post X-rays - We will then take a second set of x-rays, and compare them with your first set. This will allow the doctor to objectively determine the effect of the adjustment made.
- Instruction packet and Follow-up Visits - You will receive instructions explaining how to best protect and maintain your new correction. You will also reserve your follow-up appointments, so please remember to bring your calendar.